Villa Resta Mari was designed at the end of 1600. It was commissioned by Count Giuseppe Resta to Francesco Maria Richini: one of the most important architect in Lombardy author of the renowned Pinacoteca di Brera and the most prestigious villas of the Milan area. The Villa still represents an almost intact example of early Baroque in Lombardy. The nobles owned it down to the early ‘ 900 and used to spend in this villa their leisure time, in addition to treating their agricultural lands and real estate locally.
In 1789 it also stayed the court of S.A.R. Archduchess Maria Theresa of Austria and his brother who later would become Emperor.
Is bound as a National Monument for its historical and artistic interest.
In 1973 it was purchased by Mr. Loris Mari who restored with care bringing it back to its former glory.